Psalm 100: 1-2 : Juig tot eer van die Here, almal op aarde! Dien die Here met blydskap! Kom voor Hom met gejubel!

Friday, June 11, 2010

How private my faith...?

Can I really say: “My faith is my own business?” Even without considering what the Bible says, this statement is untenable. My beliefs permeate my whole being, the way I see things, the way I say things, the way I do things. And it DOES matter, especially when one is a leader.

The Bible has lots to say about the matter. One metaphor of belief is that it should be like a light that shines for all to see. (Mat 5:14-15). Another that one’s faith is like salt- the moment one takes a mouthful of saltless food, it is noticed... Mark 8:38 states that one should not be ashamed of one’s faith and in Rom 1:16 Paul says that he is not ashamed of the gospel of Christ...

No comments:

Post a Comment