Psalm 100: 1-2 : Juig tot eer van die Here, almal op aarde! Dien die Here met blydskap! Kom voor Hom met gejubel!

Friday, November 22, 2019

My identity – who am I?

Throughout the ages people have struggled with questions like: “Who am I?” Why am I here?” Where am I going after this life?” I will start with the “Who am I?” first - - This question hardly ever bothers us as little children. It is only when we reach adollescence when we become aware of the opinion of others around us about ourselves. It is then when “identity” becomes a problem. And often we follow others in order to fit in with the crowd. This is where problems start. We cannot develop a true Christian identity by conforming to the world around us and what others do and have. We should firstly see ourselves as someone whom God loves deeply. Why? Because He is the one who made us after His own image. That is what we read in Genesis 1 and 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment